We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that this Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
The information appearing on The Heartburn-help web page is presented for educational purposes only. While the information published on this site is believed to be accurate, it is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice. If you have questions or concerns regarding your physical or mental health, please seek assistance from a qualified health care provider. Statements and opinions expressed in the chat rooms, message boards, and elsewhere on this site are not necessarily those of the of Heartburn-help web site and should not be considered facts. Heartburn-help offers this site and the information contained herein without any warranty of any kind, express or implied, and is not liable for its accuracy, for mistakes, errors, or omissions of any kind, nor for any loss or damage caused by a user's reliance on information obtained from the site. The articles on this site are meant to answer questions of a general nature regarding Gastroesophageal disorders and diseases. If you have a specific medical concern, please contact your health care provider. Articles by any authors appearing on the the Heartburn-help web site are not necessarily the opinion of the Heartburn-help web site.
In consideration of being allowed to use the Public Areas, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions:
1. Using a Public Area for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
2. Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
3. Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Heartburn-help in its sole discretion;
4. Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
5. After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
6. Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
7. Impersonating another person;
8. Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
9. Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments; consent;
10. Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
11. Posting the same note more than once or "spamming"; or
12. Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Area or the Site, or which, in the judgment of Heartburn-help, exposes Heartburn-help or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
Heartburn-help reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
1. Record the dialogue in public chat rooms.
2. Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s).
3. Remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Terminate a user's access to any or all Public Areas and/or the Heartburn-help Site upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas.
6. Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the Heartburn-help Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
If you have a complaint regarding a specific post, article or feature, or any suggestions for the site, please e-mail Webmaster@heartburn-help.com.
Copyright © 1999